The long-time expertise acquired by the National Research Council represents an essential know-how employed by Proambiente in the solution of ecological problems in marine and fluvial environments.
To satisfy the different requests of the end-users (public authorities, private companies, tourist industry, etc.) about marine and coastal monitoring, Proambiente develops instrumentation and decision support systems both for environmental prevention activities and for the sustainable management of the resources.
Such instrumentation is conceived as an integration to existing systems and allows both monitoring (in situ and off-line) and control activities through satellite survey on the basis of the GMES (Global Monitoring for Environmental Security) technology, aimed at optimizing the investigation and the response to the specific requests.
- Advanced systems for marine monitoring, specific for different users (e.g. environmental monitoring, fishery, tourism, etc.) capable to integrate satellite data and forecasts provided by the Marine Core Service of the GMES and to convert them in to disposable products for the end-user.
- Markers and support products for the evaluation of the marine and coastal ecosystem, methods and satellite algorithms for the determination of alarm thresholds in case of environmental emergencies, data management integrated systems for the exploitation of advanced satellite observations in public benefit activities.
- Continuous and "real time" monitoring systems suited for forecasts on the marine and lagoon ecosystem, and integrated monitoring systems of the coastline connected to DSS models.
- Innovative, hi-tech systems and services devoted to the geophysical, geological and geochemical characterization of lagoons and low-depth submerged areas, for public and private benefit activities and for the support to environmental protection and management.
- Low-cost systems for the evaluation of chemical-physical parameters, addressed to a local characterization of sea bottom with great benefits in the field of environmental diagnostics.
- Systems capable of reproducing the "real-world" conditions, to provide support for the monitoring and management of marine and coastal areas.